Brazil Sadia Chicken
As Salaam mu Alikum
Are these products reliable ?
We concur with SANHA's reply.
Foodguide Services UK
Our ref que/127/mm/02.08
Muhtaram, Assalāmu 'alaykum w.w.
Jazākumullāh Khairan for your query and for the opportunity to be of service to you. We advise as follows:
· We are not aware of the arrangements made by the Saudi authorities in terms of Halaal importation and cannot comment thereon.
· Our visits to several Brazilian plants revealed inadequate controls, non-Muslim slaughtered products being packed as Halaal etc.
· Most of the abattoirs in that part of the world do not slaughter all their animals Halaal. Abattoirs that facilitate Halaal slaughter only allocate a portion of the day for Halaal and the rest of the day to non-Halaal.
· Beyond the slaughter point, there is no authorised Muslim control over the rest of the plant.
· Accordingly, the packaging and Halaal labeling is left to the plants control and discretion.
· SANHA therefore recommends that caution be exercised
And Allāh Taālā Knows best.
0861 786 111